Ok I am starting a new life this Friday. And I dont know what it would do to my fitness routine. See I go to the Y close to work after work and then head back home. When I move to Seattle I will have to cancel my membership at this Y because I will be tied to a bus schedule. Plus I will want to get back home in good time. So I know I will not be working out right after work. My new place has a gym and I will have to start using that. I hope it has some good equipment.
Secondly, I have another exam coming up in June. I will have to start studying again pretty soon. I can deal with that. The thing is when I am working and then studying I have to make sure that I have enough energy. When I am studying I usually dont hold back on lattes and energy bars etc. A few weeks before exam I even start eating whatever I want to keep my mind and body energized. This will be an obstacle for me to gain complete fitness. I also have to start spending less time at the gym close to exam.
I still intend to stick to a good routine for as long as I can and, to quote jennifer ,"blow you bitches out of the water". However, if you guys have any good ideas on keeping your mind and body energized without eating a lot, or to keep awake without the gingerbread lattes, lets share those.
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I think PP would say to eat apples. For some reason I remember her telling me they can give you as much energy as a cup of coffee.
Maybe that would help.
Firstly, you can think better when you've eaten nutritious food and not crap, secondly power bars are often full of fat, thirdly caffeine messes with your cortisol levels and makes you fat.
During your exam focus on fresh fruits and fish and whole grains and stuff like that. I find that it's a lot easier to eat fresh fruits and veggies if I buy the good stuff, blueberries and baby spinach are much more appetizing to me than apples and lettuce.
Give up the caffeine althogether, it messes with cortisol, errodes bone mass and costs an arm and a leg.
I gave up caffiene last year for my new years resolution and I feel great now, I only have caffeine at restaurants now in the form of diet coke. I don't eat power bars, but for a meal replacement type bar, those Zone Bars are tasty and not too fatty.
As for the gym if you resolve to stick with it and not use this as an excuse to slack off then you'll do it, just keep trying different things until you find a routine you like that's convenient. I've discovered that I'm much more likely to walk home from work than go to the gym when I get home, so that's what I do (when I can, damn knee!).
There's my two cents.
On the subject of lattes you shouldn't be consuming your calories in liquid form, it's not filling so it really doesn't do anything for you but make you fat.
jennifer, close to exam it is tough to abstain from a lot of junk stuff but i will try. i dont think i can quit caffeine. what are you into budhism now?
berly I would be interested to hear from PP how and why apples do it.
Hows them apples?
I don't understand why you eat junk near exam time. It seems as though you've already made up your mind that you are going to be eating junk at exam time. It's like that old saying "if you think you can or you can't, you're right" or however it goes. Preplan your meals, make them ahead of time and freeze them if you can. So you won't be wasting time cooking and you will have more time for studying.
you donno half of it sweetie. Dont you think I would stick to my routine being so motivated? Just that close to exam its not a healthy lifestyle anymore. I just have to do whatever it takes - I repeat whatever it takes to get the shit done. I need to work 8/9 hours and then study 3/4 hours and keep awake. I need to have enough energy in me to concentrate. I need carbs in my system. I have to eat bread and rice and pasta. I have to drink coffee to keep alert. I even have to start smoking. Nobody said studying was healthy.
Berly - YOURE AWESOME...I cant believe you remembered that!!!
Post a Comment