Saturday, April 01, 2006

Lessons

I've noticed that since I've started taking my vitamens and really stepping up this diet and workout that I've got a lot more energy lately. This morning I put off my weekend workout at the track because it was dark and rainy. Well, by mid day the sun was shining and it was nice outside but I was on the couch watching tv. I noticed that after awhile...I just couldn't sit still. I couldn't. It's like for some reason I had become totally antsy. I actually got up and CLEANED...something I don't normally do unless I absolutely have to. We're talking, laundry, dishes, mopping floors, cleaning bathtubs. The whole shabang. Shit. It's a sickness.

Anyways...I still had a lot of energy and I actually had the urge to go work it out...which is a first. So I suited up and hit the track. When I got there, there was a fragile, little old man walking slow laps and shortly after I started walking...an couple that looked to be in their late 70's started walking around the track as well.

I did my normal couple of miles and then tackled the stadium stairs but as I was getting tired and ready to go home...I looked at these old folks and they were still going. One of the older men was even following my lead and tackling the steps... walking slowly as opposed to my running but working hard nonetheless. They inspired me so much so that I did a few more laps before calling it quits and I will have you know...as I passed through the gates...they were still walking.

1 comment:

Miss Ash said...

That's great, good for you. I'm sure you inspired them as much as they inspired you :)

I've also been eating healthy and i've worked out 5 days out of the last 6. All at the gym except for today. I went for a walk on the parkway which is lovely.