I just signed up for a 5k run in December and a 10k run in May. It's very intimidating signing up for these things because the race websites show the finish line pictures from the year before and it's muscular people in short shorts glistening their way accross the finish line. Why doesn't Richard Simmons have a line of running races for fat people? He could call it 'Running to the Oldies' or 'Sweatin' while you run to the Oldies' and you could all listen to fun music while you drag your blubbery ass accross the finish line in non-form fitting running attire.
Sheesh.
Anyway, I'm doing it. I feel ready for the 5k already, as long as the course is relatively flat, I think I'll make it. The 10k I'm not so sure about, but I'm sure I'll be there by May.
Second thing, why do they start so early in the morning? Only losers get up that early on the weekend, because they didn't have anything (or anyone) to do on Saturday night. So are all runners losers?
For better or for worse, today when I signed up for these races, I signed up to be a member of a club for glistening muscular losers. I'm sick of being hip and fat, I think I'll be unhip and fit for a while.
Thursday report - no change in weight, but I did increase my running distance to 4.26k on Tuesday, and competed in the Toronto Rollerderby Championships, so I do deserve a break. But when I saw the video of myself in the championship game, I realized how very fat I really am. So hopefully, lots of running will be my salvation.
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good Stuff!! I read in a magazine once to book a race in another city/country wherever, and purchase a plane ticket as well. That way it motivates you to train and actually run the race if you put out all that money.
Post a Comment