I've worked hard this week. And shelved a lot of my bad habits, and it's definitely been tough, but the toughest was tonight. The boyfriend has not been incredibly supportive of me losing weight. For example, he doesn't really complement me on looking better, when it's all some other people can talk about, and worst of all, he doesn't create a supportive environment for weightloss in our place. He had one brief flash of supportive behaviour for about 2 weeks when he decided to join us, and then he just went back to his old ways. I've asked him on several occasions not to order junk food to the house when I'm home. Now, I'm not asking him to never eat junk food, because there are a zillion restaurants in our neighbourhood he could go to, and I'm not asking him to never order in, because I'm easily out of the house half of the evenings of the week. So really, all I'm saying, is about half the time, if you want junk food, then please go out to get it and don't tell me about it.
Anyway, when I ask him not to order in any more, he says sure, knowing that when he suggests ordering take-out, I'll cave and order something too. In other cases, if he wants to order in, I'll go out to a friend's house and come home later when the coast is clear. Thus far, I've never told him he couldn't order in.
So tonight, he suggested ordering Chinese, I said no.The friends I'd usually visit were busy tonight, it's Wednesday, and I'll be out tomorrow night and the next night at least if he wants to satisfy his urge to eat grease. Plus he agreed in principle to this just last week and we ate out for a friend's birthday last night.
Am I being reasonable? I've been watching that show 'Intervention' and I totally agree that the people who are trying to quit can't do it unless they are in an environment that's conducive to kicking their bad habits.
Whenever I'm having dinner at my mom's house now, she runs the menu by me beforehand so I can tell her if there's anything that shouldn't eat, so I don't have to use my weak weak willpower.
Whenever I'm having dinner at my mom's house now, she runs the menu by me beforehand so I can tell her if there's anything that shouldn't eat, so I don't have to use my weak weak willpower.
Anyway, when I asked him not to order in he got all pissy about it and now I'm wondering if I should have the right to ask him not to eat crap in my presence. If it was heroin, would everyone agree that he shouldn't do it around me?
Ugh...This had better be worth it. I'll be pissed if I haven't lost new weight this week.
3 comments:
I think it is a reasonable request, only because there are other options. He could walk down the street and get food, he could take a street car if he wants to go further and get food. He doesn't need to order it into your home. As well, if you are away a few days a week, he could order it then.
However, i know when i get a craving and i want something, i want it now. So maybe he really wanted Chinese, which is fine, but to be supportive he should go out and eat at the restaurant. Helps save the environment as well, less takeout packages floating around in the trash :)
He should want to help. I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. AT ALL!!
Weight loss is hard enough without people shoving junk food and such in your face.
Look around your world pretty baby
Is it everything you hoped it'd be
The wrong guy, the wrong situation
The right time to roll to me
Look into your heart pretty baby
Is it aching with some nameless need
Is there something wrong and you can't put your finger on it
Right then, roll to me
And I don't think I have ever seen a soul so in despair
So if you want to talk the night through
Guess who will be there?
So don't try to deny it pretty baby
You've been down so long you can hardly see
When the engine's stalled and it won't stop raining
It's the right time to roll to me
So look around your world pretty baby
Is it everything you hoped it'd be
The wrong guy, the wrong situation
The right time to roll to me
Cheesy, I know. You are not wrong to ask him to be more supportive. If you were my girlfriend, hell I would go on a hunger stike to support you.
Post a Comment